Sunday, October 31, 2010

All Hallows Eve - 2010

Well I have to say - I haven't really participated in All Hallows Eve or Day in a very long time.  I have half heartedly been out on those days, but this year I really got into the spirit and made sure to make it a fun one.  On Friday I showed up to work even earlier than normal to get the computer going, get my stuff out and throw on my costume.  I was waiting for people to get to work when I remembered it was Friday and I could have shown up 10 minutes later than my usual which would be about 5 - 10 before 8, and still have sat around for 20 minutes before the first person walked in.  Besides Peter and Bert who are always there before me and sometimes Rose who was there that morning.  Well I sat at my desk and when I heard the code start to be punched into the back door I threw the head up and this is what they saw:
I'm Gumby haha!  In case you don't know what I look like, you still don't.  That is Aimee who was the only other person who dressed up.  Well I did that for about an hour until most all were at work.  Then the costume was too hot to stay in although I did get work done while dressed in it.  I brought it out a couple more times as random people showed throughout the day and made sure to show everyone who had decided to work at Meridian that day.

Saturday rolled around and this was the night for the party.  I met up with Dan and Michelle at their house and we got some stellar pictures.  The night involved a stop at Taco Bell, driving around town with Gumby in the back seat waving to people, a party and a bar.  Below are just some of the highlights and most of my softball team and good friends participating in the events.

Dan, Michelle and I

Jenny, Courtney and Dan photo bombing

The ladies of softball - Michelle, Courtney and Jenny

The 3 most outrageous - Dan, John (who was a senior at WWU when I was a freshman and when I joined softball on a random team ended up being the captain on the random team I joined - small world) and I

The crew - top left to right - No Idea, Courtney, Me, Michelle, John
bottom left to right - Jenny and Dan


Michael Jackson attacks Gumby - Gumby actually looks scared!

Gumby and Santa get their groove on!




Gumby gets some more action!

Gumby can't catch a break

Gumby and Vegas hanging out

The boys - Dan, can't remember, Elliot and John

Gumby hanging out with the Taco Bell drive thru crew

All in all it was a great night and the Gumby costume was a huge hit!  I am loving All Hallows Eve again and excited when it comes around next year :o)

Have a great All Hallows Day and tonight I am going to go walk around with Dan and Michelle while their kids, Trinity and Ethan trick or treat :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment