Friday, October 1, 2010

Entitlement

I can't remember if I read it or I hear it somewhere, but it has stuck with me this whole week.  When adults get cancer or any very horrific sickness its hard for them to understand because there is a sense of entitlement.  The questions of why me?  What did I do to deserve this come to the surface.  The thing about children is that children don't ask those questions and can accept sicknesses easier.  They don't feel entitled to this life.  What is it that makes adults so entitled?

Maybe its because I am not feeling well this week and feel like something is very off.  I'm sure its nothing, but I haven't been sick in a long time and this is not a cold or flu - something just isn't right.  I have a doctors appointment next week anyway and this time I will go in with a list of questions to try and figure out what is going on.  It just makes me think - how do adults get to that entitlement about life?  Probably due to the hard moments they have lived through, but the only thing you are entitled to is your spirit.  So don't ask why me all the time - ask why not me and what can I do to work with this, not against it.

Entitlement - interesting concept. 

No comments:

Post a Comment