Sunday, October 3, 2010

1 week done

I have started my 16 week training program for the PF Chang's Half Marathon on January 16, 2010.  I have horrible knees and after just a week of training I am a little concerned about how it will all go.  However, it could just be getting the knees used to this strain again and I am making sure I come home, ice the knees, get the electrolytes in my system and get some protein back in my body ASAP.  I will just have to keep myself on track and make sure I do everything possible to recover each time.

Some issues might come in with playing softball on the same days as my long training days, but again we will just work thru it and see where it gets us :O)  If I can't do it then such is life, but I wont give up until its necessary.

Leave for softball in another 2 hours - here's hoping for a win :O)  If not o well at least its always a good time!

2 comments:

  1. Love. It.

    Are you working off a training guide, or are you making your own from past experience? I have a link to a great one if you want it! :)

    I'm super happy for you and your goal making. I'll be rooting you on all the way. Where is your marathon at?

    PS - the 16th is my birthday - you picked an awesome day to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am using the one i got off runnersworld.com for the San Fran last year. This one is only 3 days a week running and 3 - 4 days a week cross training. The half marathon is here in Phoenix - PF Chang's :)

    Yes it is a spectacular day and one of the best to celebrate! YAY for your birthday in just 3 months and 12 days :O)

    ReplyDelete