This turned out to be a great day - which any day alive and living life is a good day :) It started out with another night of sleeping with the window open and the air conditioner off. I woke up around 7:15 and hit the road running by 8 am. It wasn't going to be over 100 degrees, but even though the high was only going to be 91, the desert has a tendency to heat up quickly. I have been known to be out running and within one hour the temp's jumped 7 degrees - that's tough to handle. So I started out on my first 3 mile run of my half marathon training. The first mile went by without a hitch - I took about 15 seconds around the 1.3 mile mark to walk and drink a little water. I was off and running again, but trying to get in the zone a little when a 150 year old man went running by me. WTH?!?!?! Dude was like 3 times my age and went flying by me like I was standing still. So I sped up a little, but realized there was no keeping pace with this beast of an old man and just went back to my 13-ish minute mile pace. Around 2 miles I took 20 seconds to walk and then started running again. Around 2.6 miles I walked again because at this point I had run a full mile with no shade and the sun beating down on me - it was heating up and the sun was getting a bit tough. Once I rounded the last corner for home I ran the last .5 miles (ended up doing 3.1 with the whole loop) homes and felt good. I took a shower immediately, but expected the tense muscles to kick in and the knees to start hurting, but that pain and tension never came!!!!
At 3 pm it was time to play softball in the 90+ degrees and it turned out to be another win for us. We had to play in the sun filled dugout, but at the end of the day we won so all was well. The main issue I took with the day was after the game when we all went to Four Peaks. There are 11 people for our team and the place was packed with football lovers. The Cardinals were playing and I take no issue with the place being packed, but about the time one of the girls on our team decided we should eat with the other team - only there were only 10 seats and 22 people - was about the time I realized I was dealing with a person with no respect for constraints in life. It's her way or the highway and I have noticed this a lot lately, but when the servers there looked at me and said "we told her there weren't enough seats, but she won't listen" was the time I decided I was going to leave. I felt terrible for the servers who now have 10 people sitting at a table and 10 more clustered around it and standing in a doorway to the patio with no where to go. I did not want to be a part of the problem and didn't want to be associated with that kind of disrespect as I have been in the past. So I left along with another team mate who was feeling the effects of the heat after she had been out all night drinking. I don't know what happened - I am sure they got a table given that the Cardinals game ended within minutes of us walking away, but I just couldn't stand to be associated with it. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut about how rude this team mate was and it would probably be to her face. Rude people are the most irritating types of people because half the time there is no reason for it. These people just needed someone to tell them the world didn't revolve around them and all of this could have been solved and these situations avoided.
I was able to come home and shower again - then get ready to go to Britt and Josh's for pork shoulder on the Big Green Egg! It was wonderful and we had jalapeno poppers and I had the sweet peppers to avoid the spice - i made pulled pork tacos - we had corn salsa - hummus - pita - asparagus...it was heaven for dinner!!!!!!!! There were 9 people there and we all went to town. I got to bring some of the pork home, so my lunch with be pulled pork tacos tomorrow :) Which tomorrow is another bank holiday - so I will be chillin at home. only down side being they are turning off the water at 9 am and it wont come back on until 4. However, I will do some grocery shopping and try to rent a carpet cleaner to clean an area rug I got from Britt for my house. So that's the plan tomorrow as it should be okay weather to clean the carpet in the garage. And if nothing else I will hook up my huge fan down there and make it livable :)
Well that was a lot for one day - so have a great day and remember "rude people suck, but you don't have to suck with them!"
No comments:
Post a Comment