Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bikram and Vegan...just a little change.

Okay so when I started riding my bike again I rode 30 miles one week and gained 3 lbs.  I was not okay with this.  I mean how many times can you hear, "muscle weighs more than fat" before you hear "it's okay fatty, we know you are just that way".  So I hate diets because no one wants to do that, but I can do adjustments.  I saw Oprah last week and her whole staff, well 387 - ish went Vegan for a week.  I mean if they can go a whole week, again most stuck with it, I think I will try for Vegan Mondays.  Seems to be a good way to start off the work weeks.  So I looked some stuff up and I still need to go find the meatless meat and some of their "cheese" but I think I will make a whole foods trip in a bit.  So nothing animal or from animal, so it will be one day a week without cheese!  Or like I said at least without what I think of as cheese.

I also went to Bikram Yoga, as known as Hot Yoga.  You do a 90 minute class of yoga in a room that is 105 degrees with 40% humidity.  I basically got my butt kicked by it and dehydrated to a not so safe level.  However, I am going to go ahead and fix that with some consistent electrolytes.  At least 8 ounces of G2 a day, and on days for the hot yoga i might try the Prime and Recover Gatorade's.  I have the electrolyte pills and think that will keep me going.  I mean if I play softball in 110 degree weather, surely I can get a little use to the 105 degree room.  Of course if not, I will go one more time and then I will have already saved $4 with the $30 for 30 days instead of $17 every time.

I have been bike riding the last 3 weeks, so that's not a huge change - again kinda the whole kicking this off situation.  But its been awesome and I am really enjoying it.  Tomorrow I will bike to the gym, use the weights, then get on my bike and ride for about 5 miles or so.  Should be a good follow up to the dehydrating in a room full of smelly people :o).

So if I gain another 10 lbs, you might hear me yelling off the top of a mountain I have hiked in the hopes of losing 1 pound :o)  Just sayin.

But seriously I am hoping this makes me feel even better, even though I feel good anyways.  If these little adjustments add even more greatness to my life that would be awesome!

I'll let you know how the next class goes and the first Vegan day.  Happy Super Bowl weekend and GO PACKERS!  No like Steelers. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment