Sunday, February 13, 2011

2011 filled with injuries

So far this year I have had some ridiculous injuries.  I have a bone bruise on my left ankle from softball and had a minor bruise on my left shoulder from catching the ball with it instead of my glove.  I pulled a butt muscle after softball one day - apparently 3 hours of softball means butt cramps.  Last week I half flipped over the handle bars of my bike, bike then fell on me and the concrete caught me.  So that means a serious knee burn on the left side from the spandex and concrete.  Black and blue left leg and black and blue right knee.  Minor hand bruise that seemed to go away after a few days.  This also was all in tandem with some elbow issues that have come on since biking around Phoenix and Scottsdale.  Then today I catch the ball with my left knee, which of course is only after a week of the concrete catching me.  So that pain ripped through my body and 20 minutes later my back went into spasms and I am now at home on the couch.

I have to say I haven't had this many injuries so close together, ever.  It really does seem to be a talent of sorts that I never knew I had.  Well the Grammy's will be fun while laying on ice! :)  Hope tomorrow the back is much much better!

Love 2011 - what great stories I already have!  Now for the Grammy's 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I don't know if I should call you hard core, or accident prone! I hope you feel better!

    The only recommendation I have (beside: Stop hurting yourself!) is for your elbows hurting while biking - have you ever tried padded biking gloves? They are fingerless, and have padding just in the palm, so the road bumps are somewhat absorbed there instead of in your joints.

    I bet you are a sight to see!

    ReplyDelete