Monday, February 28, 2011

getting better - met a boy, it was fun if nothing else

Saturday day was not super exciting, but to jump start the weight issue I went to the gym for a 400 calorie burn.  Came home and got ready to go out for the night with friends.  It was ladies night out and Michelle and I decided that 4:15 pm was a great time to start.  Really we were all meeting around 5, but when Michelle got out of work early I was there like a good friend to meet for some drinks.  We ate, we drank and we met some new people.  Some guys came in around the 4:30 mark and we unfortunately became a reason they weren't getting served very often.  Michelle and I were feeding off each other and giving our cute server a hard time.  Turns out that would get him all flustered and he'd take off without checking on the table behind us.  Well around 6 pm the other 4 girls joined us, so they had a little catching up to do.  While they got some drinks and food - we had already ate - Michell and I decided the bag game was in order.  We had terrible aim and when I finally got one in the hole we pretty much called it a night on the game.

Well announcing the the world I won - or table of three guys and demanding the Duke basketball game be put on a TV I could see got their attention and over they came.  I mean who can resist 6 chicks drinking, laughing and having a ball?  Well I met Eric, in his 30s, has 6 siblings, parents still married, lived here most his life, but has seen other places and lived there.  The attraction was there, the girls could tell.  I wasn't entirely convinced, but when we left for the Coyote Ugly type bar, the boys said they would not be coming.  Turns out an hour later they showed up at the bar for a good hour of more fun and dancing.  O and Eric can dance :)  That's about all I have because really it was just fun.  Made me feel good that after a horrible day I could still attract a decent guy and have a great night.  The 4 margaritas and 3 shots helped along, but what a blast of a Saturday.

He has my number after we asked him to also join our softball team.  So if he calls or texts great - if not we will contact him next season for softball.  All in all it was a great weekend and much needed girls night out  :o).

Now back to the grind and worked 9.5 hours today.  Probably to be followed by another 8.5 to 9 tomorrow.  If I can get my butt out of bed in time to get to work early to start on all the month end reporting.  Here is hoping everything balances - if I hear anyone say "o oops this went to OREO this month".  I might chuck something at their head - just saying.  Let's hope for some easy balancing and some great data manipulation in the first day :O)  Then I have to get all the invoice reports together for the other boss man by afternoon.  Well until we meet again - happy last day of February!  How did it get to be March 2011 already?

No comments:

Post a Comment