Thursday, August 19, 2010

Vacation Nebraska/South Dakota

I am on my way to see my 3rd cousin, Laura, get married.  I only have 7 first cousins, so summer in Nebraska while growing up were also taken up with one of my Mom's favorite cousins and her family.  The Heartmans!  I am waiting for my 6:30 flight to Omaha - direct.  The terminal about an hour ago had half the Phoenix population in it due to delays.  Some were saying weather - clearly not hear its sunny with a chance of more heat.  Some were saying non-coherent mutterings due to apparent stress and frustration with the entire ordeal.  I personally had my own opinion that the situation that brewed in San Fran this afternoon slowed air travel throughout the US.  It's like a bad traffic jam in NYC - its going to take a couple of hours to clear only in the skies it can take most of a day.  Apparently we don't have as many highways in the sky as Back to the Future would have us believe at this day and age. ;o)

The weekend will be filled with fun times by the extended family and getting to catch up with some cousins I haven't seen in over 10 years.  I had a blast growing up with them, so I would imagine this weekend will be filled with a similar experience.  Plus my mom is there, Granny Gross and a little Aunt Ruby Doll to top it off.  She is like the cherry on top :)

My Patriots are playing right now - I can no tell a lie, the older I get the more I love football.  I mean have you seen these hotties in spandex?  Yummy!  Don't get me wrong I have been a football fan my whole life, but being I love anything sports, there are times where certain ones move up in the rankings of can't wait for this season to start. :o)

Well hopefully the wait is coming to a close and I can jump on the flight to Omaha without too much of an issue.  Either way I am on the start of a couple vacations and I wont be at work until Monday.  So really that's the best part of the rest of this long weekend!

Peace out home fries!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun! I'm glad you'll get to see your family!

    Andy yes...I am also super excited about football this season. My Fantasy League has it's draft on the 23rd...I need to do some research!

    ReplyDelete