Monday, September 6, 2010

Laura and Toby's Wedding

It's been a while since I was able to update, but with two vacations back to back and then month end at work right after coming back, well you can understand.  The first of the two vacations was to my 3rd cousin Laura's wedding to Toby.  I know what you are thinking, who goes to 3rd cousins weddings, but I only had 7 1st cousins growing up and Laura and her siblings were like 1st cousins as much as we saw them.  Angie and I hung out the most, but I was never able to make it to Angie or Stacy's wedding because I was in college or just out of college.  Christopher isnt married yet, but I might not have a chance to go to that one so this was my last chance to really see these girls.  I hadnt seen them in 10 or 15 years, as crazy as that sounds, but it was great going.  Here are some of the quick shots I could get off my camera.

First here was somewhere on the road from Omaha, NE to Sioux City, Iowa.
Apparently Vegas was just over to the left here of the gas station and random hotel.  I have been to Vegas a decent amount of times and I do not believe I remember seening this portion of Vegas...ever!  HAHAHAHA! :o)  Yes I made my mother stop so I could take this picture!

This little doll is Stacy's first and she has the coolest name ever!  Rigleigh!  Her dad is a huge Cubs fan and what better name to have for your daughter than Wrigley, only spelled Rig and Leigh like her mom's middle name.  Now if I could just figure out how to name a kid Fenway and be that cool, I would.

No I did not teach her to stick out her tongue, she had that talent before I got there so I didnt have to haha!

Here are some other photos of the wedding - the bridesmaids dresses were amazing!the church alter.  O we were family so we got 3rd ROW!!!  Very VIP if I do say so myself.

Mother of the Bride, Stephanie, and brother of the bride, Chris.  Little blurry, my cell phone camera is not fabo.

Toby and the guys waiting on the ladies :)

Toby's sisters are the left two then its Angie and Stacy.  Angie and Stacy flipped positions in the middle of the ceremony so that each could be the maid of honor - this is a thing they have done at every sisters wedding. :O)

lighting the unity candel together.

Their first dance and the guy in the forground is Brian and his girlfriend - another 3rd cousin that I havent seen since I was 8.

I dont have any pictures after this because well I was busy dancing, enjoying the family time I had with extended parts of the family and eventually going back to the hotel for a nap.  It was a mid-western wedding for sure and being from the east coast and mostly understanding how those all go off, it was a bit of a culture shock.  It was really adorable and fun and very family oriented.  I always love seeing how everyone does their wedding and this was no exception.

My Granny unfortunately was not exactly nice to myself or my mother during the 48 hours we were in town.  However, after her screaming at me less than 24 hours after seeing her I just never spoke to her again and stayed away from her.  It's sad I guess, but I refuse to have that kind of negativity in my life.  There are enough things in life to be insure about and I dont need my Granny adding to that on a famly adventure that was otherwise spectacular.  So, next family adventure will have my brother or my father around for protection from the evil Granny because then she isnt a jerk :O)  Has to impress the men on the Rupke side I guess haha!

Next installment will be the Portland, Spanaway, Kent, Seattle, Bothell, Vancouver adventure :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment