Today was a typical day at work, then again typical and my job don't really go hand in hand. It's the weirdest place I have ever worked and its the most "professional" place I have ever worked. The best analogy is this place is nothing short of "The Office". Sexual harassment class day would be done the same way as Michael Scott and all would leave offended. Today was nothing short of that, except the mean side has been exposed of a colleague.
Straight up meanness has always baffled me. We all have enough moments in our lives where we are accidentally the "mean" person in a story, but I honestly believe most of us had no intention of being that person. Today I realized one colleague honestly has every intention of being a hurtful person. Comments such as "if you don't like the person, just be mean to them and they will eventually quit" or "I have every intention of getting that person fired" are highly unacceptable. However, these comments have been discussed to many and overheard by some. My stomach literally ached and fell when I heard this and the saddest part is that its true. It's not a work rumor. It's not a one person heard and told someone and we are in a sick game of telephone. It's been told in hushed tones, with descriptions of different locations by the person hearing it, and by various people who don't even know each other enough they would be sharing the "telephone" topic.
My best friends father always said, "they will always get what is coming to them, it just wont always be in the time frame in which you hoped for". I have to believe that at some point this person's unprofessional antics will be stopped, but in the mean time I am left with the saddest outlook on how people can truly be to others.
No comments:
Post a Comment