I can not tell a lie. I am competitive to the end. However, I don't mind losing and am not a sore loser. I am just a super excited and stoked winner! Saturday I was invited to a 30th birthday party that was being held on the rooftop of the 8th floor of a high rise full of lofts. These lofts and the structure is reminiscent of the east coast life with true flats and lofts. There are 34 floors to this high rise in downtown Phoenix and this place has now become a dream for me to live in. This party was to include a pool, pool table and a table usable for drinking games such as beer pong and flip cup. I am not good at beer pong, mostly because I hate beer and refuse to drink any of the cups of it, so my partners hate me. Especially because secondly, for some reason, I do not have the talent of getting that ping pong ball into a cup across the way. Flip cup, well I haven't played it in years so who knows? Well we now know with a few random rounds of practice, I pick up on the Flip Cup technique quite nicely.
Late in the afternoon when the snacks were done, the hot dogs were eaten, the beer and liquor was flowing it was time for a game of Guys vs. Girls - Flip Cup Style. I went up against John, who is on my softball team and in a weird "its a small world after all" twist of life; happens to be an Alumni of Western Washington University. He was a senior when I was a freshman. Go figure! So it was only right that the Western Alumni go head to head, and the other 4 people for each team lined up down the table. Round 1 - girls win. I started it off and after 2 tries the cup was flipped and the rest fell like dominos. Round 2, girls win again! Old man alumni and the rest of the dude crew were getting their butts kicked by the younger ladies of the world. Round 3, guys win - and they did it in convincing fashion. Well by now I could care less that I was downing beer, which I despise, and I just wanted to keep playing and keep winning. We went ahead and played round 4, where the guys tie it up. Now its down to the last round - its was an agreed upon last round. Nothing more to say then Girls Flip Cup Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday it was time for most of the same group from the day/night before to be all on the same team and take on a softball team this time. Now we are undefeated, but we really are just out there having a good time. We dance on the field, make fun of each other, change positions when we get bored with the ones we are playing. Our motto has been "win or lose we booze". My first hit I ran to 1st base and called out, "Can I get a pinch runner..." Gave just enough time for people to pause and look at me like they thought I was injured and I continued with "...I think I ate too many donuts". Well the mood was set and Where My Pitches @! were on our way to greatness. We won like 15 - 4, and just had a good time doing it. At the end another team needed another girl and I went over to play a double header with them. We won that game too - awesomeness!
Only issue with the double header is that you work muscles you forgot you had. Like did you know after winning a 2nd game you have this muscle on the right side near you back, like between ribs, that feels like its in a constant charlie horse? Well you do and I ended up having to be the best yoga poser in the world to get the muscle to stop cramping. I mean seriously I am going to name the pose, Double Header Twisted Back. Lay on your back and consider that facing the ceiling is the zero degree point, or home plate for a sports analogy. Now turn your head and shoulders 90 degrees to your right with your left reaching over your body until your fingers touch the floor. Keeping your torso at center now take your left leg and wing it over right your right touching the ground, while you stretch your right leg out to the left (the other 90 degrees to your left) and you now have the Double Header Twisted Back Pose. So clearly I am soon to be champion yoga instructor for sporting injuries :o)
Hope you all are having as much fun in life as I just did this weekend. Work may cause me to be frustrated at times, but that's why we all have friends! Entertainment and fun to keep you sane.
No comments:
Post a Comment