Monday started the usual dance of balancing CORE, CRE and R&D into a smushed up mess of numbers that to the untrained eye just look like a bank account we will never have. As I was sure I had perfected my side of the balancing and shipped it off to be reviewed I got the typical reply of "could you please do the split ratings and note the changes to the deleted descriptions where I mostly changed legal to ledger". This was the point where my bad weird mood started. I get it - I still didnt do it right, but seriously I got all the non-accruals tagged, all the downgrades, add ons, and them sorted out correctly. I think it was the phrase that I got to listen to my boss try to say in such a way that she didnt say what she was really thinking. She said, "we want to give you more month end responsibility and really make all the reporting yours, but you'll have to be more...trying to pick my words...more attentive". Honestly, I think sometimes honesty really needs to be more honest - just say "we want to give you more responsibility with month end, but you have to stop doing everything wrong and expecting someone else to fix it". At which point I could mention I would care more about month end, but being that I havent been allowed to do the core side of the bank since there was a structure change and I havent been allowed to do the specific reserves even though thats what I did for a year - its hard to take responsibility or care to the extreme about a project when half of the aspect of what I did have been taken away. Instead I just went ahead and smiled, agreed, took the weird attempt at using a better verbage for saying I sucked (clearly which you, my manger, and the other manager have discussed) and tried to do my best to do everything perfect this month. So of no one's fault then my own, I couldnt complete that job to par. Awesomeness all around.
Moving to Tuesday, I spent two hours and a lot of stress trying to get my alarm to go wireless again. After an hour, a phone call to my parents and a message that was on the verge of tears, and then another hour of trying everything and having moments of I think I have this, to moments of WTF?!?! So after giving up on that I plugged it back into the phone line and went with that. Really annoying because it used to be wireless, but the whole month long debacle with Cox and trying to get the internet and wireless in general to just work - i ended up with new connections, 2 visits form techs, and a new wireless system. So after all of that I cant get the alarm system to be wireless and this is highly irrating. O plus it was Double Stamp Tuesday at Golden Spoon, but because one of the branches decided to have a leak in the roof, and everyone else had last minute meetings - none of us went. Greatness all around.
Today I decided life had had enough of a laugh at my expense and it was going to be a better day. Of course listening to disseratations from girls on what they eat each day, how many calories each chip has, how many calories they have left of the 1,100 calorie diet, and that they are hungry - makes me want to take a rusty spork and jab out my own eyes. Or better yet as another co-worker said, "its things like that, that make me want to eat a giant burrito in front of all of them" - o and it was a male so no its not cute to anyone to talk about every calorie you ate that day. After 3 days of this I have just tried and think of something happy when these people feel the need to have their discussions 7 times a day. Worked pretty well and of course getting a free Golden Spoon Fro Yo from all my stamps collected made this day much much better! Strawberry with rainbow sprinkles - I mean really how can you go wrong? Well you can't I have decided - and that is my additude for the rest of the week :O)
Looking forward to the next funny in life that life and I can laugh at together.
Later foo's
No comments:
Post a Comment