Sunday, August 1, 2010

double header softball

I play at 8 pm tonight with the team I joined 5 months ago, Where My Pitches @!.  Then I am going to join another team for their 9 oclock game.  Of course I have been icing my knee for the last 30 minutes, so we will see how well all of this goes.  I would personally like to blame the shake machine I jumped on at the spa yesterday.

I have determined that there is no easy way to lose weight and any short cut in that endeavor is better left alone. This machine is one you get on and hold on.  It shakes you like a 7.0 earthquake, but after 20 mins and supposedly 250 calories shaken off of me I end up with shin splints, inner thighs that have hurt ever since, and now knee issues.  I mean seriously there should have been a warning sign that says it will shake calories right off of you, along with 20 years of sports life left in your body!  Thank goodness I hit the massage chair after that, otherwise lord only knows how bad this would all be.

Of course I didnt mention that I went for a run this morning because for the first time in 2 months the desert was only 86 degrees.  Shoot at that temperature I would have thought I needed a hoodie, given that its been over 100 degrees since the end of June.  Well it never dawned on me, in all of my excitment, that the humidity levels would be just short of an epic monsoon and death might actually occur in the 1 mile run.  All in all this has been a great weekend of horrible sporting choices and we are still 5.5 hours from the day being over.  I should go down another 16 oz of water before I head out for the games.  I tend to drink 48 to 80 ounces of water a day - but i think i sweat out 100 ounces daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment