It's been 2.5 weeks since I started tracking every piece of food I put in my mouth, even drinks, and been working out as much as I can. I have been at the gym from 30 mins to an hour and 30 minutes every night, unless I have been out hiking or playing softball. On Ash Wednesday I gave up soda for the 40 days (which by the way its actually 46!) for Lent (its a Catholic thing). The good thing is all I drink otherwise is water and Gatorade. I am not a tea drinker or really any other treat drinks. I even stopped drinking hot chocolate because it said the Swiss Miss was 120 calories. BUT if i want I drink it - i just took it out of the routine. That took about a week to get it out of the routine. The soda was cold turkey and it's just the catholic guilt that has gotten me through a solid week so far.
I had also talked to some people who said they have changed what they eat when. They eat like a king for breakfast, queen for lunch and servant for dinner. A few really good things for me is that I LOVE LOVE LOVE lunch. So I eat what I want for lunch, with the calorie count in mind and as the weeks have passed I make slight adjustment. A great thing is the combo deals all include a soda, so instead I don't do the combo and end up with just an entree and one side - not two that combos seem to give. Then I just have water to drink. I come home from work and work out, which makes it later in the night before I would be ready for dinner anyway, so at that point I eat some fruit, or some veggies and call it a night. The other best part about this is that if I am eating out dinner I have filled my body over the day with other foods that at dinner I am not starving and I enjoy my food. The leftovers become lunch the next day. I go over on the calories some, but I am staying under 1,700 every day and more around the 1,100 to 1,300. I will say once a week I get to that 1,700, but I do it consciously and enjoy it. I am still working out and trying to burn 300 - 500 calories 3 days a week and 200 - 300 the rest.
Livestrong.com My Plate has become a great tool for me at this point. I am down 9 lbs and hope to hit the 11 or 12 sometime next week. The goal was 2 lbs a week, so I am still at that goal and not going to worry if the 3 lbs a week goes away and it gets to 2. As long as I am losing that's all that matters at this point. I am wondering when people will start noticing though - I have wondered about that. I am betting around the 20lbs mark before anyone says anything.
I love having a goal and this is a great one! More later!
No comments:
Post a Comment