Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hello 2011 - plus 8 days

Well Christmas was awesome and I got myself a fabulous 46 inch TV for the living room.  My parents are the best!  I have yet to get HDTV at the house, but you know what that is more money and with a car on the fritz and a possible $1,800 dropping into it for the fix.  Might not be bad idea to keep the cable bill as low as possible so I can still enjoy the TV, but just have to maybe forgo the HDTV world for a bit longer.  Sports are still amazing on it, so really who cares after that?  Well this cheapo depot doesn't.

Car went on fritz again and this time Honda is telling me its a head gasket after the same code has come up for the 3rd time.  The 2nd time it showed up they couldn't find anything and then this time they are saying its the head gasket.  Monday I am taking my car to a friends husband to look at and if nothing else if the gasket needs to be fixed he can hopefully fix it for less than the $1,200 to $1,800 they quoted me at the dealer.  I love the dealer, but seriously annoyed right now and it doesn't seem to be the best answer for the situation.  And even if its the best answer I am thinking it could be cheaper just with my own check.

A few ideas in the back of my head for what to do next - so we are going to get creative and see what happens :o)

More info soon...er then last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment