I know I should understand and intellectually I know and have read that its addiction. Its a disease. It's uncontrollable until the commitment is made to change. However, I dont understand because its the most selfish thing in the world. Alcoholism - its all about the drama and distruction of those around you. It's not about just destroying your life, you have to destroy everyones. I have no patience for it and I was the bitch that wouldnt be the friend or even the co-worker that would talk to this person. However, at least I didnt have to be around it when the shit finally hit the fan. I would go through this with a best friend or a family member, but not for a person I dont even know their middle name or what their childhood fishes name was. That's too draining! That's not the entire worlds responsibility - at some point dont they have to take responsibility for their actions and not bring down every person whom they have ever met down with them. That's what pisses me off and that's what my ice cubed heart can't stand or understand. Maybe someday I will have the compatision and understanding for this disease, but it wont be today.
That may make me a bad person in some people's eyes, but at least I am honest and dont waste their or my time faking like I care. All I care about is they get help - if they dont then dont take everyone down with you.
I hear you. I'm sorry you are feeling this sort of stress.
ReplyDeletethanks A! it was a draining week, but i had some solace in knowing that I took a step back 2 months ago and wasnt the person they tried to lean on or drag down in the destruction.
ReplyDelete